What is VoteBuilder?
The Alabama Democrats and the Democratic National Committee have joined forces to offer the most state-of-the-art and user-friendly online list of registered voters ever devised for campaigns. Our web based voter file system is available to Democratic candidates, county party organizations and other affiliated groups. With this tool in your campaign arsenal, winning is a few clicks away.
What can you do with it?
- Target voters by many categories, including precinct, age, race, or sex to make sure your volunteers are contacting the voters you need to talk to the most.
- Print phone lists and walk lists with maps for phone banks and door-to-door canvassing.
- Purchase robocalls and run telephone town halls for your district.
- Add candidate or issue ID questions to track who has committed to vote for you.
- Check out some the additional features in our Quick Guide to VoteBuilder [Word or PDF]
The VoteBuilder system is the most effective way to make sure you’re talking to the voters you need to win on election day. We update VoteBuilder regularly with current addresses, phone numbers, and even voting history, and we offer comprehensive training and support to make sure you’re getting the most out of your VoteBuilder purchase.
How can I get it?
The State Party has set nominal costs for VoteBuilder access. To request a quote from the State Party, please download our VoteBuilder request form and return it by e-mail to email@example.com or fax to (334) 262-6474. We will send you a price quote, as well as the contract and nondisclosure agreement required due to the sensitive and proprietary nature of the data.
The Alabama Democrats are proud to offer free access to the VoteBuilder system to all candidates certified as the Democratic nominee for their office through December 31st of election year.
However, to establish a fair and consistent system for providing VoteBuilder access during primaries, all candidates may purchase full VoteBuilder access year-round at the following rates.
Candidates who win their general elections are provided access to VoteBuilder through their term in office for an annual $50 maintenance fee, which will be used to run calls and surveys to help clear VoteBuilder of wrong numbers or bad addresses between elections.
VoteBuilder contracts must be renewed for each term in office.
For candidates and incumbents:
- Flat rate for requests up to 5000 voters: $150
- Price per voter after 5000: $0.0075
- Flat yearly VoteBuilder maintenance fee: $50
- Flat rate for requests up to 5000 voters: $185
- Price per voter after 5000: $0.0090
County parties and Democratic organizations affiliated with the Democratic National Committee are provided the voter file free of charge in exchange for full active participation in the Alabama Democrats voter id precinct program. These accounts are specifically intended for the voter id program and are not for candidate use.